My #EasyHomeMeals Appetizer & Your Chance to Win $800
Life is busy. There are many days I come home and just don’t have time to spend cooking. There are other things around the house to take care of that are more important than spending hours in the kitchen. That’s where I let the grocer’s freezer section give me a hand. There’s always something convenient and tasty that’s ready to go or to give me a head start to a delicious meal.
During March, EasyHomeMeals.com, is holding a recipe contest and giving away $1,300 in prizes. It’s easy to enter. Just make a recipe based on snacking and prepared snack foods from the huge range of options listed here. There are thousands of foods ranging from nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables to decadent ice creams and novelties. I’ve got my own entry listed below and look forward to trying out yours.
Don’t forget to read and follow the full contest rules to be eligible.
My #EasyHomeMeals Appetizer: Queso Blanco White Cheese Dip
1 9 oz. package Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach
4.5 oz can of Old El Paso® chopped green chilies
1/2 12 oz can of Old El Paso® sliced jalapeños
1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa-Medium (optional)
3 cups monterey jack cheese
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
- Microwave the Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach and drain. (Caution. It’ll be hot.)
- Chop the Old El Paso® sliced jalapeños.
- Put all ingredients in a large saucepan or pot and heat on medium to medium-high.
- Cook until everything is well blended and the cheese melted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a 20 oz package Jose Ole® Chicken Taquitos or your choice of their dippable appetizers.