Brian Urlacher, Johnsonville Brats & The 2017 Chicago Polar Plunge
Disclosure: I’ve teamed up with Johnsonville and Special Olympics Chicago to share my thoughts & experiences. I have been compensated for writing this post. All opinions are my own.
I attended the 2017 Chicago Polar Plunge on Sunday. No, I didn’t jump in the water, but I did cheer on the teams that were dressed up and having fun for a good cause. Wes and I drove into the city to take part in the experience. Abigail and Theodore were at a conference so we took off for a father and son morning adventure.
Father and son out for a walk on a windy Chicago winter day. #theta360 – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
I’ve wanted to go to a Polar Plunge for years. It’s just never seemed to happen. Thanks to an invite from Jonsonville and the offer of free food we made it out to observe for the first time. Johnsonville teamed up with the Special Olympics to sponsor this year’s Plunge. They brought out the Big Taste Grill. The Big Taste Grill is a 20-foot tall, 65-foot long grill, which cooks 2,500 brats an hour or 750 bratwurst at a time on its 40 square feet of grilling surface! Chicago celebrity Brian Urlacher was in attendance. He was there for a few hours to chat with fans, take photos and hand out some Johnsonville brats.
Brian Urlacer (former Chicago Bears player & NFL Defensive Player of the Year), Joel Gratcyk (Daddy's Grounded) & Wesley (Mr. Dude) smile for the camera @ the 2017 Chicago Special Olympics Polar Plunge in front of the Jonsonville Big Taste Grill. #theta360 – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
Wesley and I got to see the energy that takes over the crowd as they jump into the water. It is a sight to see. I think I want to participate next year but would want to do it with a team. There is something about taking part of a communal experience like this that makes it all that more memorable.
2017 Chicago Special Olympics Polar Plunge excitement. #theta360 – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
Chicago’s cold winter weather didn’t stop me from enjoying Johnsonville hot brats, and it shouldn’t stop you either. Now that the “dark period” of winter is over you should break out that grill for the season and enter the Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats contest, which begins March 8, 2017 and ends May 15, 2017.
Enter to win the Johnsonville’s #FirstBrats Contest today!
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Time on March 8, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 15, 2017.
- There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Online: During the Contest Period, an entrant may visit FirstBratsContest.com, enter his/her email address, and follow the instructions to register by entering all information requested on the registration form. After an entrant has registered, he/she may follow the instructions to upload one (1) photo of his/her “first grill of the season”.
- Social Media: During the Contest Period, an entrant may (a) log in to his/her Twitter or Instagram account, follow @Johnsonville on Twitter or @jvillesausage on Instagram (if he/she does not already), and post a Tweet/post that includes one (1) photo of his/her “first grill of the season” and the hashtag “#FirstBratsContest” or (b) log in to his/her Facebook account, visit Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/johnsonville/, and post a comment responding to Sponsor’s Invitation Post that includes a photo of his/her “first grill of the season” and the hashtag “#FirstBratsContest.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive snow removal or lawn care for a year, a value of $1,500.
- Fourteen (14) First Prize winners will receive a $100 grocery coupon code and a Johnsonville prize pack.
- Following the Contest period, all eligible entries received during the Contest period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Johnsonville. The judges will score the entries according to the following weighted criteria: creativity, photo quality and relevance to the Contest theme (e.g., entry captures the passion for grilling even if the weather is not ideal for grilling).
- Limit one (1) prize per person
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per entry method per person per calendar day during the Contest period (i.e., an entrant may receive one entry each via FirstBratsContest.com, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) for a total of five (5) entries per day.
- Official Contest rules can be found at FirstBratsContest.com.
What do you say? Want to do the 2018 Chicago Polar Plunge with me? Leave a comment below and let me know.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.